Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We Inturpt your regular scheduled programming

Okay, so this post isn’t about Alyson, but the blog is my way of scrapbooking her life since I am poor and can’t afford the cute stuff, and she should have some posts about her mom and dad. So over the last few months Jonathan and I have been talking about the kind of people we want to be when we grow up. Since we are now the proud parents of a one year old, we decided that we are officially grown ups and should start acting like it. Never mind the fact that we are now in our late 20’s and have officially been adults for 6 plus years- we are now going to be grownups. I know- our moms must be so proud. Anyway, we decided that overall we are good people, but that we do have some things we need to work on. So I have a few goals for this next year: Have family home evening every Monday- with a prepared agenda. Go to the temple every month, and lose weight by improving overall health.
Now, I have to admit that FHE was hard when it was just me and Jonathan- because we would rather read our scriptures on our own than together, but now that we are responsible for the gospel teachings of Alyson, we are going to become awesome at FHE. I’ve been using the Nursery manual; I found it online at LDS.org. We have a lesson, complete with pictures, a song, scripture and everything. Alyson does so well too. Her job is to say the opening and closing prayer. She is good at folding her arms and saying amen. Now, I’m not trying to be all look at us- but I am proud that we are making these changes.
Also, I was thinking the other day, we have never, since being married, consistedly gone to the temple. Now, we have been married for 5 and ½ years. That is 66 months. If we had gone every month that we were married and did a session -that is 132 people we could have done the work for. 132 people- How lazy and selfish have I been? That I couldn’t give up one day to go to the temple? Worthiness wasn’t an issue, it was that we just didn’t make the time. I didn’t make the time to help 132 people? Needless to say, Jonathan got an earful of my “ah-ha” moment. We are going every month this year. I told the bishop and everything. We will do it!
And on the improving overall health- Aly is eating tons of fruits and veggies and I am adding more of them to our diet as well. I’m working out and have lost 10 lbs so far this year. Operation Healthy Mom is a go- I will be able to keep up with Alyson when she learns that she can run. J
To sum up:
So there is a song called The Reason by Hoobastank. Part of the lyrics say: “I found a reason for me, to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new- and the reason is you”
So, Alyson- the reason is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment