Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day?

I have to update this post, because my pictures below were from that morning and it just kept snowing, so here are so updated pictures:

Jonathan braved the weather to help out some families in our ward that lost their power. We lost ours, but only for a day. Others were out for 3 days. Jonathan set up generators to keep them warm. We had a dinner to help feed those that didn't have power. Anyway, that is why his truck doesn't have as much snow on it as the car. I decided that the baby and I would just be snowed in for the weekend. We stayed home.
View of our front yard covered by 9 inches of snow. I shoveled the front porch and side walk for the first time ever in my life. I was quite proud of myself. Jonathan still had to go to work so I surprised him when he came home. I forgot to take a picture of the sidewalk after I cleared it, so I don't have proof- put just ask me- I'll tell ya!
There is a tree in our neighbors front hard that hangs over into our yard, we share it. This is it covered in snow. The snow was so heavy, the branches nearly hung to the ground.
This is the view from under the overhang of Jonathan's workshop. Crazy huh?
The official tape measure picture to show proof of the record breaking snowfall!





Wow, this is the third time it has snowed this winter. What's up with that? Where do I live again? Canada, eh? We are set to break the record for all time snowiest (word?) day. We've had 8 inches at our house. Drifting up to a foot in some places. So here are a few pictures to commemorate the record breaking day.We woke up to about 2 and 1/2 inches already on the ground and it continued to fall all day. I love the snow covered trees.

This the view from our front door. Alyson had fun knocking off all the snow on the railing.
Aly's tiny footprints in the snow!
We tried walking in the snow, but after a few steps she fell and was not happy about the snow being wet and cold. She prefers to view the snow from the safety of your arms.




No comments:

Post a Comment