Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Work


There was an article written in the Washington Post title "What do Stay at Home Moms do all day". I have to admit, I thought about that a lot when I was younger and pre-parent stage of my life. I figured, hey I work full time, go to school full time, support my husband and church calling and manage to knock out all the household stuff too. How hard would it be if I just replaced work with raising a kid? After I read the article, which was amusing as it was in response to the title question... I thought about how I would answer it if I was asked. So here is what it feels like I do all day:

7:00 Ally wakes up. Constant demand of my attention
7:01- 11:59- Constant demand of my attention, mixed in with fighting, and saving her life at least twice.

12:00- 2:00- Nap. Which means workout for me, shower and scramble to clean up a little of the mess she made from that morning's activities and oh yeah... lunch if I can get all that in before I hear....

2:01- Mommy! Constant demand of my attention

4:30-7:30- Daddy comes home. Constant demand of my attention- split between both of the lovely darlings.

7:31- Bedtime- Finally get to clean up the rest of the mess made that day and on to any chores I didn't get done with my happy helper during the day.

Also, there is the whole language development, life skills, religious teachings and whatnot that all accompany the job of being a mother. Most of the time- it's great, but some days I feel she is out to get me! And yes, sometimes I think about those days when I worked and there were adults to talk with and everyone told me how awesome I was every day.... but then I didn't get Ally hugs at work so it all balances out.

But back to days when she is out to get me.... I got a call from the Realtor last Saturday. Someone wanted to see the house in 2 hours, and was I cool with that..... I said yes and hung up. Turned around.... and saw this in the kitchen:


and that was just the kitchen.... I still had the living room, my room, her room and the office that she had managed to "decorate" as well. Not to mention the scrubbing of bathrooms, countertops and all the other deep cleaning you would do for a house showing. I sent someone off to bed and went to work. It was spotless two hours later. Guess I can get stuff done when I need to.... well.... I didn't get to shower but the house was clean, the girl was feed and the showing... went on.


No comments:

Post a Comment