Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Friday, August 20, 2010

Tax Free Weekend Drama

Why? Why did I go shopping today? Oh... it's tax free weekend. And for some reason, I think that saving a measly 8.25% sales tax is an amazing opportunity that I can't possibly miss. Let me tell you... it was worth missing. For me anyway. Maybe not for the families that have more than one kid or that have kids actually old enough for school. But for me and little Ally Jones, it was not worth it. To top it all off- it's still like 100 degrees outside. Again... not worth it.

Why you ask?

Allow me to tell the tale....

Genius that I am, I decide that Kohls had a great sale for the tax free weekend. First mistake.... it's Kohls, they always have sales, and knowing that store, they will probably have an even better sale next week, when you can't save the tax, but whatever. So I load Ally up thinking we will have a nice mother daughter shopping trip, stop for lunch and head home for a nap. Second mistake.... my daughter isn't even 2- why do I try to bond with her over shopping??? What is wrong with me???

So we get to kohls and the parking lot wasn't that crowded, so I thought we would be okay. But there are no shopping carts to put my curious monkey in. There are always carts at my kohls, but not today. So we attempt the hand holding. Apparently what cars were in the parking lot, all came full because there were tons of people and their kids at the store. Not so many that I turn around and leave, but enough. Well Ally is excited because she sees kids. Now, I'm not a bad parent. I pay attention to my child. But that little rascal managed to walk away with other kids 3 times while I was trying to pick out some clothes for her. She was never gone for long, I always caught up with her, but she did try to runaway 3 times. So much for bonding with her mother....

Long story short, I got 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts and a dress for 30.00 bucks. I saved 62. I got an extra 15% off everything in my cart and I only lost my kid 3 times. Still wasn't worth it.














No comments:

Post a Comment