Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Really?

So will there ever be a time in my life that I am not bothered when I enter into the confines of the bathroom?? Think about it...

As a young child I was constantly checked on by adults to make sure I okay. Growing up with seven people and one bathroom meant a lot of people banging on the door asking you to hurry. Then enter into marriage and you get the" husband talks to you through the bathroom door" even though you talked about never allowing that from day one of your marriage, but whatever. And now I've got a child who believes that when I close the door to the bathroom I forget her very existence, and therefore needs to remind me by banging on the door and screaming "now, mom" which is her version of "hurry up in there".

I'm thinking that will eventually evolve into her growing up and doing the whole "oh mom's in the bathroom, she's trapped, now I can ask for things" stage. Then when the kids are all grown and gone there will still be the husband to hurry you along and then I will get to the "so old that people check on you to make sure you haven't died in there" stage.

Do you think there might be some golden point in my life where I won't be bothered?? Maybe I should time my bathroom breaks to correspond with sleeping children and husbands. We have to get creative here, people!

You might think this is a weird thing to blog about- but you know you are sitting there thinking... hmmm when is the last time I got any bathroom peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment