Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Alyson: " But I want to wear it this way, Mom!"
This is one of her favorite shirts to wear... and normally she wears it the right way. However, on this particular day, she kept pulling her arm out of the sleeve and screamed "no, no, no" when I would fix it. Finally, I gave up, took a picture and told her to explain her one sided sleeveless style to her daddy, when he got home.

Aly has a new form of entertainment in the kitchen- letters! Now, she was given a bag full of about 50 of these things, but let me tell you, after stepping on one and sliding halfway across the kitchen floor and nearly busting my you know what- she is limited to only a few at a time. So right now, the letters spell out: mom, dad and Aly. That way I know which ones are missing and need to hunt for so I don't trip again. I switch out the letters and spell new things each week. Not that she puts them in the right order or anything... wow...now, that you all now I'm a letters Nazi.... we should move on.... to baking!


"MMM.... needs more chocolate!"

I had a doctor's appointment, so Sister Ruiz kindly watched the little munchkin so that I could go in peace. As a thank you, we made brownies and sent them with Alyson. Aly was used to making cookies with me for the missionaries, but not brownies. She enjoyed licking the bowl. I would scrap it with a baby spoon and then give it to her. And yes, she is using her left hand, but to be fair she uses both at different times, so we still don't know if she is right or left handed.

"Check out my mad coloring skills. I got this, Mom.
You should have bought me these a long time ago!"

Well, as she will be in nursery soon, I stated thinking about everything that she would need to know how to do: color, pick up toys, sit in a big girl chair, fold her arms... etc. So we have been learning all the things that a soon to be 18 month old needs to learn. Which means, buying Aly her very own crayons and coloring pages. I am proud to report- not one crayon went into her mouth and she colored only on her coloring page. She can also hold 5 crayons in one hand- at the same time- something she was quite proud of and that she can say "Dora". Never even seen the cartoon, but she can say Dora.... kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment