Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oh this girl....













So having turned 1 in November, we were to switch to whole milk and get off the bottle. Doctor's orders. The doctor wanted it all done by her next check up- 15 months- which is in February. So we make the switch to whole milk in half a day. Alyson loves it. So I'm thinking- get rid of bottles- that will be easy too. Well... I try about mid December to get rid of the bottles. Nope- not going to happen. She throws the sippy cup at me and says "bad momma" So that goes on for about 3 days and every day "bad momma". So I give up, Christmas is coming, I'll just deal with it latter. Then, the Monday following Christmas, I decide to try again. Alyson and I have the following conversation:

Me: Alyson, are you ready to be a big girl and drink all your milk from a sippy cup?
Alyson: Yeah.
Me: No more bottles, just sippy cups?
Alyson: Yeah.
Me: Do you understand what Mommy is saying?
Alyson: *Laughs* Yeah Momma.

So I give her the milk in a sippy cup and no problems! She hasn't had a bottle since. Guess I was a bad momma for not asking if she was ready. Everything will be done when she wants it too... guess I know where she got that one from. She may look like Jonathan, but I guess she is going to act like me!


















No comments:

Post a Comment