Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Friday, January 15, 2010

All good things must come to an end..


So my little baby girl isn't a baby anymore. She wants to be a big girl and just take one nap instead of two. We are still working out the transition and trying to find our new schedule, but I am totally bummed on one hand and then excited on the other.

First- the being bummed. I was spoiled with a baby that loved schedules as much as me. She took two naps, both 2 hours long. The morning nap was my time for a full hour workout and then shower and dressed- most things that moms say they never get on a regular basis. I loved it. Then I knew that I had another 2 hour block coming for schoolwork, or project or cleaning the house. And now.. sadly... I'll lose one of my nap times. So I am bummed cause now I will have to incorporate housework in with a kid under foot. Plus church on Sunday will stink as it will be during nap time and she refuses to sleep in church. How much longer till nursery again???

But not to sound too selfish and self centered, I am excited because that will mean more awake time with Alyson and we can start to develop a new playtime schedule with all kinds of learning and reading and exploring. So it will be fun to watch her become even more interactive and see her growing into a little lady.

Oh well... guess 4 whole hours to myself was rather extravagant. I'll take 2 hours and enjoy my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment