Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Sunbeam!



I have a Sunbeam... A Sunbeam!! In my house. Alyson turned 3 in November and with the New Year that meant she graduated from Nursery and into the 3 year old class at church- the Sunbeam Class.

I can't believe she is that old..... So I am in Primary and I did not know how it would go. Would she be mad that I was there, would she be clingy, would she be be fine- no clue. We had talked about it for several weeks and I now that she doesn't like change very much right now, so I figured it would not go as well as her going to Nursery did.

And I was right....

She had a really hard time in the Primary part, once she was in class I was told she was fine. But she didn't like her teacher, only because she doesn't know her, she bullied the little boys in her class and made them cry- because she is mean like that and they are sissy little boys who cry easily, she tried to hide behind the piano, and during singing time told everyone to "just be quiet you can't sing" I know... Who's raising this kid anyway? Some people!

She did manage to look beautiful while she was terrorizing the place though. See picture above.

I had to take her out and talk to her, explain that she would not be "one of those" kids and threaten to beat her once or twice- you know, like any good mother does.....

It's getting better. Last Sunday- 1-15-2011 she gave the opening prayer in primary. I'm in charge of assigning talks and prayers, and I didn't plan on her doing anything for a long time, but my kid that I had assigned didn't show, and she wanted really badly to say the prayer. So I let her. I helped her and she did really well. I won't lie, I cried a little- I couldn't believe my baby was saying the prayer in primary. Her dad sat in the very back of the room and gave her a thumbs up when she was done and she could...not... have... been.. more thrilled with herself.

Until she told me 10 minutes later that she didn't feel good and her tummy hurt. Cue mad dash to get her home before she threw up. But before sickness stuck out of no where, she gave an awesome prayer.

She's my best girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment