Good Things To Come

"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ- They come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come." Jeffery R. Holland

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I be learnin'



So, Alyson and I started a pre school hour each day so we (she) can learn new things, develop gross motor skills, learn songs, improve her talking and entertain her. Or "proof that I do something with my kid and don't just watch tv all day" So I found a great website with lessons. Because I need a jumping off base- I'm copycat creative, not inspired creative. So we have a learning poster that has our weekly theme, shape or color, number, letter, vocab word and Nursery rhyme. This picture above was for week 1.




So we checked out books from the libraby that went along with the weekly theme. One of which was about painting. So we learned to paint. I was so proud of her. She did so well with the water colors. She didn't mix the colors and didn't make a mess. She painted for an hour! Which is a big deal for her and she was quiet the whole time concentrating. Also never happens with this kid. Until the end when she told me it was my turn and then explained how to paint and told me what colors to use and where to paint and basically bossed me around while it was my turn. I don't know where she got that from ?!?!?!?! ..... me.....



The shape for the week was squares, so we built with squares and then went on a "where or where is there a square?" hunt and found squares. Which she did with her daddy. So fun.



We made cookies... square cookies. So yum!



She's painting an apple because we learned "All about the absolutely awesome letter A"

Yeah... I know.. I do rock!

Mom of the year award goes to:

Lacy Jones


I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment